POVERTY ALLEVIATION THROUGH VOCATIONAL TRAINING(TAILORING), LALGOLA
Poverty alleviation initiative through Vocational Training on Tailoring with active involvement of marginalized women belonging to both Bahadurpur and Paikpara GP of Lalgola Block of Murshidabad District.
Enhance socio-economic status of disadvantaged women residing in both Bahadurpur and Paikpara GP of Lalgola Block through tailoring skill development and income generation.
1. Skill building of trainee through tailoring training
2. Strengthen linkages with government to avail various benefits for vulnerable women/group
3. Encourage trainee to take up tailoring as a livelihood activity
4. Facilitate trainee to form Tailoring SHG/Cluster as an initiative to promote community ownership and project sustainability
Steps of Implementation:
1. Generate community awareness about benefits of tailoring training through home visit and community meeting
2. Share details of tailoring training (Basic and Advance course) in monthly SHG meeting to capture trainee to capture trainee for tailoring training
3. Facilitate admission to interested candidates in tailoring course
4. Create a database of enrolled candidates to keep track of every trainee about their progress
5. Carry out basic tailoring classes thrice a week in two shifts as per tailoring course schedule
6. Carry our advance tailoring course for a period of 6 months for those trainees successfully completed their basic course
7. Instructor invests extra time for those trainees who could not attend class due to her personal reason
8. Prepare trainees to appear for monthly assessment to improve their learning and skills
9. Guide trainee to sit for final evaluation after completion of 6 month course
10. Provide certificate to successful trainees who have completed training course
11. Prepare monthly and quarterly progress report along with expenditure statement.
12. Motivate successful candidates to take up tailoring as income generation activity
13. Encourage successful candidates to form Tailoring SHG/Cluster to promote community ownership
Location of the Project:
The project is catering both Bahadurpur and Paikpara GP of Lalgola Block of Murshidabad District. The tailoring unit is located at Padma Bhawan under Bahadurpur GP and another unit is operating at Paikpara GP.
GP wise distribution of Students:
1. Total students in this reporting year were -133
2. Total new students enrolled in this reporting period were -71
3. Total students appear in examinations were -50
1. Promotion of linkages with relevant government departments to avail benefits of government schemes and programs linking with tailoring activity.