Objective of the Project
1. To disseminate the right concept among the PLHIV regarding the HIV/AIDS.
2. To disseminate the right concept among the family members of PLHIV regarding the HIV/AIDS.
3. To aware the PLHIV as well as the family members regarding the services available in Govt. level for PLHIV and develop confident to take the services.
4. To develop the skill & confidence of the PLHIV to maintain their health, hygiene & protection form Opportunistic Infections.
5. To develop confident among the PLHIV to act as general people without stigma & discrimination.
To build up network with the different stakeholders/CKI’s (Community Key Influencers).
Strategy of Implementation
1. Conducted different training, meeting, awareness Programme. Social/community events.
2. Provided Medical, Educational and Nutrimix supports.
3. Conducted need & request Based programmes.
4. Through networking with different govt. & non govt. sectors.
5. Provided Income Generation Programme (IGP) Support among the HIV infected people.
1. 9 Gram Panchayats in Rajganj Block of Jalpaiguri District.
2. 14 added ward of Siliguri Municipal Corporation (under Rajgunj block).
1. PLHIV has been build-up their skill & gain confidence to maintain health, hygiene and importance to regular take the ART medicine.
2. PLHIV’s family members are now taking proper care and support to PLHIV.
3. PLHIV’s, are now in close contact with different service providers like Jalpaiguri Society for People Living with HIV/AIDS, ART Centre, Panchayats, & other service providers to access their rights.
4. PLHIV are now ready to participate in social events & share their views with each others.
5. Through intake of Nutrimix (supplementary food) seems to be very fruitful as per the BMI of PLHIV.
No. of People Benefited
1. 345 no. of project participants have been Trained & sensitized
2. 3 no. of project participants were running Income Generation Programme.
3. 843 no. of participants were attended in different awareness programmes & community events.
4. 17 no. of participants have been received Nutrimix (Supplementary Food) support.
5. 65 no. of participants have been received Emergency Medical Supports.
6. 17 no. of participants have been received Education Supports.
1. District Health & Family Welfare Dept., North Bengal Medical College & Hospital, Dept. of Agriculture, Govt. of West Bengal, Block Development Officer, all 9 Gram Panchayats, ICDS etc.
2. Minister in Charge, Dept. of Tourism, Govt. of West Bengal.
Sustainability issues and concerns
1. The project participants have built-up their skills & capacity for how they will live a normal life in future with the help of different service providers.
2. Mental Health problems are increasing day by day so the need of intervention is felt by the team..
3. The staff members of HIV/AIDS project have gained knowledge, skills from this project which will be helpful for them in future.