NAME OF THE PROJECT: ASHA 6th & 7th Module prog. Jalpaiguri District.GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE: 13 block of Jalpaiguri District.
ACTIVITIES ITEMS / ACTIVITY DONE:
NO. OF PEOPLE BENEFITTED MALE/ FEMALE & CHILDREN:
RESULT OF THE PROJECT: Under NHM, a new band of community based functionaries, named as Accredited Social Health Activist(ASHA) has been engaged who will be the first to be contacted for any health related demands of deprived sections of the population, especially women and children, who find it difficult to access health services.
PROJECT SUPPORTED BY: National Health Mission. Memorandum of Understanding with-District Health & Family Welfare Samity (DH&FWS), Jalpaiguri, Represented by Chief Medical Officer of Health(CMOH) of District Jalpaiguri.
Goal of the Project:
To reduce Maternal Death, Infant Death & Birth rate.
Objectives of the Project:
1. Registration of all pregnant women.
2. Provision of ANC to all registered pregnant woman (T.T, I. F.A, B. P, Weight, HB estimation, urine examination, advice and if possible-abdominal examination).
3. Helping pregnant women & families to develop a birth micro plan.
4. Identification of danger signs in pregnant women and sick children and appropriate management or referral.
5. Provision of condoms & OCPs as informed choice of the eligible children.
6. Services to drop out pregnant women & children eligible for ANC/PNC/Immunization & other FP methods are to provide on a priority basis.
Target Group: Anti Natal Care, Post Natal Care, Infant, Eligible Couple.
Area of Operation: Four blocks of Siliguri Sub-Division, Darjeeling district.